Sunday, 7 November 2010

A NaNoWriMo Post

Just a mini post. So...how's it going everyone? On target? Good, good. I'm not. Just look at the pitiful excuse for a word count over there *to the left*.

Last year I 'won' NaNo, but I won't deny that was with some padding out of certain scenes, like describing what every person in the room was wearing including the nurse who happened to pass by the door at that moment in time or having a whole conversation on the beauty of a good cup of tea (I hate tea by the way). The previous years I didn't win, but the unfinished novels were good, honest writing work and so I just wanted to get to the finish line just for one year. Now that I've done that, I'm back to where I started and that's behind on my word count. Again.

The novel idea I'm working on out of my idea notebook has potential. Or at least I feel like it has potential. I got so excited about writing it and what I could do with the characters but they're just not talking to me yet. Damn them! Don't they know it's rude to ignore their creator? At the minute it's feeling a bit forced and more like work than something I enjoy doing.

So yeah, that's where I am. Talk to me, where are you guys?

No comments: