Wednesday, 21 September 2011

Book Review - Finish This Book by Keri Smith

Finish This Book by Keri Smith
Publisher: Penguin
Release Date: 6th September 2011
Genre: Creative Journalling


Dear Reader,
One dark and stormy night, I found some strange scattered pages abandoned in a park...
I collected and assembled them, trying to solve the mystery of this unexpected discovery, and I am now passing the task on to you.
Your mission is to become the new author of this work. You will continue the research and provide the content. In order to complete the task, you will have to undergo some secret intelligence training, which I have included in this volume. 
Since no one knows what lies ahead, please proceed with caution, but know...
This book does not exist without you.
Yours truly,Keri Smith
 This book is not one you can review in one go. So this is the start of a few reviews for this one.

 Finish This Book is something for all those people who never really grew up. You have to start from the beginning and not skip ahead. Throughout the book, you'll become a detective of sorts and explore your world like a child would.

Throughout the book you make observations, notes and create secret codes- and yes, you write in the book. I know, right?! As a person who can't even break the spine of a book when reading, this took some getting used to, but it's so much fun once you get going.

Now what I've said isn't much about the book, because it needs more than one post to really get the idea of how it works. So I'll be updating every so often with progress on how I'm getting on. I highly recommend this to anyone who wants to be a child for a few hours and unleash their creativity. The beauty of it is that you don't have to be amazingly good at anything creative- just do, don't think.

So I have my coffee, some of my favourite pens and now I'm going to continue with my exploring detection of the world. There's a mystery out there and it needs solving! Go get this book, guys and join me!

No comments: