Wednesday, 9 November 2011

NaNoWriMo - Week One is Over!

Yes, once again I'm taking part in NaNoWriMo (hit the link to find out more at their website) and I'm determined to win this year with a good, honest book that I would consider sending off. I have won before but I wrote such twaddle just to make sure that I hit 50k that I cringe every time I think about the storyline.

My word count currently stands at just under 2k. Yes, that's right, less than 2,000 words sit in my NaNo document. But that's okay. I can do this. No, really, I think I can. The novel I'm working on, the one that I absolutely feel will get published...hopefully...maybe...anyway, it currently stands at over 50k of words with the first 25k written in three days. So I know I have it in me to get this novel done this month. It's just pinning me down and getting rid of my bad procrastination habit!

How's everyone else coming along? Hitting that word count every day? Steaming ahead? Or are you like me and know what you want to write but can't get the words down? Or maybe even the dreaded Writer's Block has hit?

Happy writing everyone!

No comments: